The EPSC 2018 highlights are:
- A new 6 member Board was installed, completing the EPSC road to independency
- Spring Technical Meeting at DuPont in Dordrecht with special topics like Cyber Security, Virtual Reality and Approach for large toxic releases
- Monthly EPSC Learning Sheets, available in English, German & French, stimulating awareness and knowledge
- ACHEMA participation with an EPSC stand and a scientific session that provided an experimental explosion demonstration
- The Working Group on Process Safety in Pharma and Consumer Industries produced a paper on the approach for avoiding dust explosion in flued bed dryers
- Awarding the EPSC Process Safety Award to Dr. Hans-Peter Schildberg
- Paper on LOPA and Risk Matrix benchmark study by the Working Group on Semi Quantitative Risk Analysis
- EPSC Benchmark study comparing process safety incident statistics among European hazardous production facilities
- EPSC was able to welcome several new members (realizing a growth of about 20%)
- 3d Big Data and Digitalization Conference was organised together with CCPS, many practical cases were discussed (presentations on website)
- Website was renewed and modernised and continuously updated with all new information
- Sound financial management
- Fall Technical Meeting at BASF in Ludwigshafen, proposal for two new Working Groups on Process Safety Fundamentals and on Digitalization advantages for process safety
- Human Performance and Hazards of Loading and Unloading Working Groups had good progress meetings and defined best practices
- RAST software and manual made available and the RAST users group had two meetings with a group of technical safety specialists
- Establishing a plan to organize a European Conference on Plant & Process Safety
The EPSC network allows collaboration and improvement on process safety.
The summary shows the EPSC highlights in 2017.
If you are interested in becoming a member of EPSC, you can find more information here.
The EPSC annual review contains information on our ongoing objectives, our activities through the year to meet those objectives, and our future plans.
To read the 2015 review, choose one of the following options:
Annual Review 2015 (interactive digimag format)
Annual Report 2015 (PDF format)